Cranberry and Walnut Tea Loaf
150 g unsalted butter
150 g self-raising flour (mixture of wholewheat and white flour if preferred)
75 g caster sugar
50 g oats
25 g bran/ wheat germ
150 g cranberries
75 g chopped walnuts
150 g orange juice
2 large eggs
50 g sunflower/ pumpkin seeds
- Line loaf tin with grease proof paper and pre heat oven to 160 degrees fan.
- Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs using finger tips or dough hook of cake mixer.
- Stir in sugar, fruit and walnuts and other dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl beat eggs lightly and add orange juice, pour into dry mixture and stir well.
- Pour mixture into lined loaf tin and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until cooked through and well risen.